The Company (as defined in the User Agreement) is dedicated to providing its members with a responsible gaming environment. Not only is it our mission to provide our members with the most entertaining poker experience but it is also our duty to help prevent compulsive usage of and underage access to our gaming products.
Protection of minors
The Company does not allow anyone under the age of 18 to play poker games on GGpoker. It is an offense for minors to participate in gambling activity.
Our poker room is not designed to attract children or adolescents. We actively discourage and track persons under the age of 18 who attempt to play at our websites. We use sophisticated verification systems which can identify minors who log in to our software. The Company reserves the right to request proof of age from any customer and may suspend an account until adequate verification is received.
Nevertheless, we recognise that the internet is readily accessible in many homes around the world. As a result, gaming companies and parents must work together to protect children from underage gambling. To ensure the safety of your children, we recommend installing filtering software to block minors from accessing certain websites and programmes.
Below are links to some such providers and software:
Tips for parents:
- Do not leave children unattended near your computer when the poker software is running. You must take special care to ensure that they do not access our services via your devices.
- Protect your gambling programs with password access.
- Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gambling activity.
- Keep your username, password and deposit method details out of the reach of children.
- Educate your children about the legality and the potential damage of underage gambling.
- Limit the length of time your children spend online.
- Take particular care regarding the use by minors of facilities such as mobile devices.
Unfortunately, no system is foolproof. If you know a person under the age of 18 who is registered with us, please notify our support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We help you play responsibly
Gaming can be both entertaining and profitable. But you can’t always win. Losing is a part of the game and you have to be prepared for it. Therefore you should play responsibly, and not risk money that you can’t afford to lose. Gaming can also be addictive and make you lose perspective of time and money. We want all your gaming experiences to be as positive as possible, even if you lose. Therefore we work hard to help you control your own gaming.
- Gambling is a form of entertainment. It is not a way to get rich quickly and pay off your debts.
- Gambling is a game of chance. There are no formulas that guarantee winnings.
- Make sure that the decision to gamble is your choice.
- Never try to chase your losses.
- Check the amounts you spend on a regular basis in the Cashier.
- Make sure you know the rules of the games you play.
Like many things, what is enjoyable in moderation can be disastrous in excess.
GGPoker is wholly committed to providing our players with a responsible gaming environment.
You have the option to take a break or to self-exclude yourself from GGPoker any time you wish.
To “take a break” or to “self-exclude” means that you will not be able to log in or access any part of GGPoker for the duration of the period.
You can opt for a self-exclusion period of any of the following durations:
- 12 hour cooling-off period
- 24 hour cooling-off period
- 7 day time-out
- 30 day time-out
- 60 day time-out
- 120 day time-out
- 180 day self-exclusion
Please be aware that self-exclusion cannot be reversed under any circumstances.
When you opt to exclude yourself for a period of less than 180 days (6 months), this is considered to be ‘taking a break’ or a ‘cooling-off period’.
When you opt to exclude yourself for a period of 180 days (6 months) or greater, this is called a ‘self-exclusion’ – your account will be suspended, and once the period has elapsed, you may contact us at any time to have it re-opened. Once you opt for self-exclusion, you’ll receive an email containing helpful responsible gaming information and links.
For both ‘break’ periods and ‘self-exclusions’, you will not receive any promotional emails during the exclusion period and will be removed from all mailing lists.
In order to request a break or self-exclusion, you can contact us at any time of day or night at email@example.com and one of our specialists will aid you through the process.
Please note that it may take up to 72 hours to fulfil your self-exclusion requests.
If you wish to permanently exclude yourself from GGPoker, this option is also available . Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and our support team will guide you through the steps of permanent closure to ensure your remaining balance is removed and that the request is fulfilled promptly.
Please note that if you permanently exclude yourself from GGPoker, you are not permitted to create any additional accounts on GGPoker. Creating additional GGPoker accounts or any actions/attempts to circumvent your exclusion will result in the closure of the account(s) and possible forfeiture of any associated balance(s).
If you are unsure about requesting self-exclusion, ask yourself the four questions below:
- Is gaming interfering with your work or other responsibilities?
- Are you trying to make up for prior gaming losses?
- Are you recovering from an addictive disorder?
- Do you play under the influence of alcohol or other influences?
If your answer is yes to at least one of them, we recommend that you request self-exclusion and seek professional help from institutions listed above.
Advice and Help from Independent Organizations
Keep in mind that you always have someone to talk to.
If you suspect that you may have a gambling problem, you may seek professional help from the following organisations:
If you are worried about developing a gambling problem or think you already have developed a gambling problem, do try our Self Assessment Test! You may find the result interesting.
We help you set the limits!
As part of our policy, we give you the tools to control the amount of money you use to gamble on our sites. You can set your own deposit limits and request to adjust them at any time. Simply contact our support at email@example.com and a representative will help you set your limits. Member support is available by email and live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To help you set limits that are right for you, try answering this short questionnaire:
- Establish what constitutes an acceptable loss before starting to gamble.
- Note how often you play.
- Note how long you play during each gaming session.
Use your answers to determine how much you would like to allow yourself to spend per day, per week or per month.
For further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.